Mixbus and Mixbus32C v8 run on nearly any desktop or laptop computer running a 64 Bit version of Windows, Mac, or Linux. There is a free "demo" version to see if Mixbus works with your setup.
- OS version: 64 Bit, 10.10 or newer
- For M1 and M2 mac hardware, a 'native' M1 build is provided in the installer (starting with v8.1)
- Any CoreAudio-supported audio device.
- Supported plugin formats: AudioUnit, VST, and VST3.
- OS version: 64 Bit Windows 7 or newer
- ASIO audio devices are preferred for high performance. But Mixbus can also use built-in soundcards (choose the MME driver).
- Supported plugin formats: VST, VST3
- 64 Bit system with kernel version 2.6 or higher. An audio-based distribution such as AVLinux, UbuntuStudio, or CCRMA is recommended.
- ALSA or JACK-supported audio device.
- Supported plugins: VST, VST3
- 2+ cpu cores/processors are highly recommended.
- 2Gig or more RAM is highly recommended (or much more, if you use sample-based virtual instruments).
- A standard 3-button mouse with scrollwheel is recommended. Trackpads and "Magic Mice" also work well.
- A full-size keyboard with number pad is recommended (extra transport controls on the number keys)
- 600 MB available hard disk space (for program installation only).
- For Mixbus: A monitor with a height of 900 pixels (or more) is highly recommended.
- For Mixbus32C: A monitor with a height of 1200 pixels (or more) is highly recommended.