Mixbus runs on nearly any desktop or laptop computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux. There is a free "demo" version to see if Mixbus works with your setup.
- OS version: 10.6.8 or newer, including 10.16 (Big Sur).
- Any CoreAudio-supported audio device.
- Supported plugin formats: AudioUnit, VST, and VST3.
- OS version: Windows XP or newer (Windows7 is the suggested minimum)
- ASIO audio devices are preferred for high performance. But Mixbus can also use built-in soundcards (choose the MME driver).
- Supported plugin formats: VST, VST3
- Kernel version 2.6 or higher. An audio-based distribution such as AVLinux, UbuntuStudio, or CCRMA is recommended.
- ALSA or JACK-supported audio device.
- Supported plugins: VST, VST3
- 2+ cpu cores/processors are highly recommended.
- 2Gig or more RAM is highly recommended (or much more, if you use sample-based virtual instruments).
- A standard 3-button mouse with scrollwheel is recommended. Trackpads and "Magic Mice" also work well.
- A full-size keyboard with number pad is highly recommended (extra transport controls on the number keys)
- 250 MB available hard disk space (for program installation only).
- For Mixbus: A monitor with a height of 900 pixels (or more) is highly recommended.
- For Mixbus32C: A monitor with a height of 1200 pixels (or more) is highly recommended.