Mixbus runs on nearly any desktop or laptop computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux. There is a free "demo" version to see if Mixbus works with your setup.
- OS version: 10.6.8 or newer, v5.3 and newer includes 10.15 (Catalina).
- Any CoreAudio-supported audio device.
- Supported plugin formats: AudioUnit and VST (2).
- OS version: Windows XP or newer.
- ASIO audio devices are preferred for high performance. But Mixbus can also use built-in soundcards (choose the MME driver).
- Supported plugin formats: VST (2)
- Kernel version 2.6 or higher. An audio-based distribution such as AVLinux, UbuntuStudio, or CCRMA is recommended.
- ALSA or JACK-supported audio device.
- Supported plugins: VST (2)
- 2+ cpu cores/processors are highly recommended.
- 2Gig or more RAM is highly recommended (or much more, if you use sample-based virtual instruments).
- A 3-button mouse with scrollwheel is highly recommended. ( see note about Mac touchpads and magic-mouse )
- A full-size keyboard with number pad is highly recommended.
- 250 MB available hard disk space (for program installation only).
- For Mixbus: A monitor with a height of 900 pixels (or more) is highly recommended.
- For Mixbus32C: A monitor with a height of 1200 pixels (or more) is highly recommended.